Options

Passed! and yes to Sci calc

PopschooloPopschoolo Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Sat for my first attempt at the beast and my first MS exam, passed with 842. I've used this forum a lot, but i never had to post; most of my questions were answered by other threads!

thanks to all you folks who unknowingly helped me!

One topic that stressed me that i could not find an answer to was if you can or can't use the windows calc in scientific mode, the answer: yes you can. in the center i had, there was a calc button, with the option to use scientific mode as a check box near the bottom of the calc. tho you should memorize custom masks and your powers of two anyways... FYI

47 questions, four hours
Topics: 10-15 Heavy DNS (of course), 5-7 questions on DHCP and subnetting, 10 on GPO's, 5 RRAS (plus 5 VPN specific), 5 IPSec, 10 Netmon\Perfmon questions (surprised me). 1 sim, (same DNS one that's been discussed).

Resources used: Bought the MS self paced training kit, read the whole book, did labs and practice questions. used the MeasureUP questions that came with (they're a bit buggy, found three questions that were WRONG, but good for another point of view). Used transcenders and testout videos, labs and questions. i have about 4 years mid to advanced IT experience, and that helped a lot.

Figure I'll knock out 270, 290 in a few weeks for MCSA. since i have A+,Network+ and Security+ i may get the MCSA:Security concentration, not sure, i'm a bit fuzzy on that. anyways, hopes this helps someone out there whos looking, as these posts helped me!

Comments