Iphone Skin

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Looking to buy an iphone and before i purchased i wanted to know what skins everyone uses if at all?

Ive been looking at the bodyguardz or the invisbleshield types and wanted to know if anyone has used these personally?

Can you let me know your opinions on these if anyone has tried. i think i will have to import the bodyguardz but not so sure on the other.

I know i could search for reviews but wanted some TE opinions if any.

Note: im tempted towards the 2g model at the mo because of the pricey contracts and i dont use the web on my phone and besides i went to cancel my contract (i have a work mobile) and o2 turned round and said if you sign a new 18 month contract we will give you 15 months free so i only have to pay for 3 months !! icon_lol.gif

There pretty much buying me iphone for me! yay!
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I use the following:

Incase Slider Case for iPhone 3G (Black Matte)

Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone 3G

They work great together and keep the phone from getting beaten up or any nasty smudges/gunk from covering the touch screen. They also look great and don't take away from the natural look of the iPhone. :)

Oh and get the 3G and a data plan, there are some fantastic applications available through the App Store these days.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So do you find the slider case to make the phone even more bulky?

Ive been debating very very hard and truthfully i would like the 3g BUT i def dont need the 3g version. Ive weighed up the pro's and cons and i dont think its worth the extra £600 (contract total - around $1100-1200 more) for the use of faster internet speeds. As for apps you can get pretty much the same for the 2g as you can for the 3g if im not mistaken? or at least i hope im not :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The case is extremely slim and adds just a few mm to the size of the phone in any dimension. Well worth the added protection over a piece of clear film.

I can't argue with your logic on the price. I don't mind being locked into a contract for 3 years (and getting the phone for ~ $300 CAD). The phone company would love nothing more than to kick me and my wife off our existing plans and get us onto something cheaper for them (i.e., my wife used over 4700 minutes last month - cost her $40 flat rate for the calls). Canadian law says they can't do that if I want to keep renewing so screw um, I've had this plan for 5+ years and will probably keep it another 5. ;)

As for the apps they should work fine as long as the older model supports the latest firmware (iPhone O/S 2.2).