Practice Tests.

cleanwithitcleanwithit Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have three weeks until test time, for the Linux + of course. I have read the Technotes, Sybex book, and some other study guide. I feel very confident about this exam, but now I feel I need to start taking practice tests. Can anyone recommend any good free practice tests?

Thanks in advance,

Josh.
A+, Network +, Linux +, MCP, MCTS, CCENT

A.S Network Administration

Comments

• GrynderGrynder Member Posts: 106
    My Sybex Linux+ book had 3 complete practice exams on the accompanying cd. I found them extremely helpful, especially narrowing down my weak points.
  • cleanwithitcleanwithit Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grynder wrote:
    My Sybex Linux+ book had 3 complete practice exams on the accompanying cd. I found them extremely helpful, especially narrowing down my weak points.

Well, I bought my Sybex book off of Amazon, used, and it didn't come with a disk. Is there anywhere I could buy the Sybex Practice tests?
    A+, Network +, Linux +, MCP, MCTS, CCENT

A.S Network Administration
  • michaelkahlmichaelkahl Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's a shame with the sybex book from Amazon, but not a huge lose. I used practice exams from sybex and did not find them helpful personally. I feel like the sybex practice exams are dumbed down. I used practice exams here and from proprofs.com, the instructor in my class provided us with a practice exam that was very helpful. Unfortunately I can't distribute it.
    I don't know what to tell you other than this. The only value practice exams have are showing you your weakness. Some of these practice exam sites are expensive, but try to find another way to show your weak areas. Then you know what to study further.
    Please balance this with the exam objectives. If you know that one area of the exam is weighted at 7-8% don't spend all your time studying that area. Focus on the area's that will consume 20-25% of the exam.
    Good luck and I hope this was helpful.
    Working on....
    Comptia Security+