CCNA Hardware

mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
I'm currently studying for my MCSA, but plan on getting my CCNA right after.

Could you guys recommend hardware that would be sufficient? Switches and routers? I'm looking for something cheap. I'm also gonna look on the For Sale sticky as well.
Working on Linux+

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Look in the CCNA sticky at the top of the forum.
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    tiersten wrote:
    Look in the CCNA sticky at the top of the forum.

I guess I should've look through there first icon_redface.gif

Thanks!
    Working on Linux+
  • michaelkahlmichaelkahl Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't pay attention well either, until reading this post I never noticed it. I'm such a nub.
    Working on....
    Comptia Security+
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    I don't pay attention well either, until reading this post I never noticed it. I'm such a nub.

So you got any hardware or you going with router sims?
    Working on Linux+
    I have 2x 1751's a 2924 and 1900 series switch, packet tracer, plus tomorrow evening our Catalyst 4507 comes in and I get to configure it for our campus. I'll be setting up our VLAN's, routing, ACL's, and other good stuff on it. This will be our new core switch replacing a no core network.
    Also, i'm studying for the 640-801 (older curriculum) so I'm not sure if the switches are out dated for the new curriculum.
    Working on....
    Comptia Security+
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I have 2x 1751's a 2924 and 1900 series switch, packet tracer, plus tomorrow evening our Catalyst 4507 comes in and I get to configure it for our campus. I'll be setting up our VLAN's, routing, ACL's, and other good stuff on it. This will be our new core switch replacing a no core network.
    Also, i'm studying for the 640-801 (older curriculum) so I'm not sure if the switches are out dated for the new curriculum.
    Don't bother with the 1900 as it doesn't run IOS. The 2924 will be okay assuming you remember that they changed some of the commands. A 2950 or newer would be better. 2950s are pretty cheap on eBay.
    The 1900 was free, and can still be used for 640-801 study, although I'll agree, it's not the best.
    Working on....
    Comptia Security+