Options

Resume advice request

RickQRickQ Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
My company was recently bought out and right now I don't know if I will have a job with the new company. Everyone in the corporate office is supposed to having an interview for open positions and I know from looking on their website that they have a position I can fill (Support Desk Tech).

I was hoping I could get some advice on my resume for when my interview come time comes and if the interview does not go well and I need to apply for other jobs.

The parts I am having trouble with are the career summary, the layout and the order.

Here is what I have for my career summary so far:
Experienced support analyst with expertise in widely-used computer applications. Able to work conscientiously and without supervision. Valued as an accurate, meticulous, and detail-oriented team player. Demonstrated excellent technical and customer service skills

What does everyone think?

As for the other two issues, I have been reading the stickies and saw that it was mentioned not to use bullets on resumes. I have bullets under my work experience to highlight particular job duties, is this a good idea? My resume is laid out as follows:
Name, address, e-mail.
Career Summary
Education, certs
Experience

Opinions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just as a bit of background, I have been in tech support for the past 8 years and was in customer service for a few years before that. I have my A+ and N+ (both in 08 - yeah, I was kinda lazy) and am working on Security+.
Working on: Security+

Comments

• Options
    RickQRickQ Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OK, so I just got the update that my interview with the company that took over my current (former) employer is tomorrow at 3:30pm. icon_eek.gif

I just have to keep telling myself I know I have the experience and skills.
    Working on: Security+
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Personally,

No on bullet points.

Stick to a simple, traditional resume.

Remember you have about 10-15 seconds to impress them with your resume....and your resume is simply the marketing 'flyer' that gets you into the interview pile.

Spell words correctly.
    Use words correctly.
    Use only true statements.

Then knock out the interview!
    Followup with a thank you letter immediately following the interview.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?