CCENT Cert

sports141990sports141990 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Will this certification land me an entry level job in cisco?
If not what are Certs should I be aiming for?
Thanks to all who comment back.

Comments

• sports141990sports141990 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also if anyone could tell me what they think the best CCENT books or software is becasue its another 4 months until we go over it in class and I want to get a goosd jump start/
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    If the CCENT is the first cert you have with no prior work experience then definately no.

if you have multiple certs and a few years experience in IT then your chances are better

My friend has 6 months IT experience and a CCNA and cant even get a interview for anything besides helpdesk.

Hmmm wonder why.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Will this certification land me an entry level job in cisco?
    Anything is possible....

How smart are you? How impressive is your resume and cover letter? How impressive are you speaking on the phone? How impressive are you during technical interviews over the phone? How impressive are you during job interviews in person?

How much are you really going to like the material in the CCENT/CCNA? How good are you going to be with the material in the CCENT/CCNA? How impressive will your CCENT/CCNA knowledge and skills be after you pass the ICND1 exam? ICND2 exam? (or CCNA exam?)

How's the job market in your area? Is anybody hiring? How many different big companies have offices in your area? How many medium sized companies are in your area? How many small companies are in your area? How many tech companies are in your area? How many Technology Complexes or Technology Parks are in your area? How many Cisco Business Partners are in your area? How many employment agencies or staffing agencies are in your area? How far are you willing to drive to get to and from work? Are you willing to try the uncertainty of contract work?

Do you have any employment history? Do you have good job references from someone who isn't a relative or friend?

Have you ever been arrested? Do you do drugs? Do you have a valid driver's license? Have you ever killed a man with your bare hands?

Do you look anything like Charles Manson? Marilyn Manson?

etc
    If not what are Certs should I be aiming for?
    We hire A+ techs to rack 'n stack and drive out to remote offices to check if network cables are plugged in securely to wall jacks..... If they have a Network+ or MCP we'll pretend that those are important too and ask them some questions during the job interviews to make them feel good about having gotten more certifications.

If they already have a CCNA, they get the full CCNA interview treatment.

But we've also hired some CCNAs hot out of the Cisco Network Academy (highly recommend directly by their instructors) and have let some of them touch actual configurations on production routers and switches within their first month of being hired (someone has to do the late night/early morning weekend maintenance window drudge work icon_lol.gif ).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!