Options

CCIA ... worth a try?

Well its a little off my path of things at the moment (VMware, Hyer-v and MCITP EA) but I am considering a crack at the two CCIA exams.

Is it worth my time? It this revered in IT industry or are most of the Citrix exams still a big unknown? Would this increase my employment potential? Does it warrant the same reward as the other I am working toward? So many questions!

Can anyone help me, I seem to have lost focus and direction. I need a kick to be on my way icon_wink.gif

TIA

Comments

• Options
    roberto.alvesroberto.alves Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Depends of your case:

1. ) If you want go look for jobs to work only with Citrix environments and that requires design concepts, like "consultancy in large implementations" or work in a Citrix reseller can be a advantage, because in this case, generally the employer really knows the difference between CCA, CCEA and CCIA.

2.) But, if you are looking to path your career to work with other products and Citrix be an additional, a CCEA is enough and employers will take a deep look on your past experience.

Considerations:

- In UK for example (I don't know in US) is very, very, very rare see a job that request CCIA, and CCEA generally is enough, even for large implementation and reseller companies. They prefer see your history and past projects. It means that someone (not certified) that made the design for a project with 10,000 users has a better.

- To get CCIA you need do just 2 tests, but they are not cheap and is very difficult to find study material.

- According Citrix web site, at H1 2009 they will launch new tests for CCIA. Probably, as usual, they will delay and exams will be available at H2 2009 or even at 2010.

Roberto Alves
    Visit my web site and subscribe my RSS to get articles about Scripts and Server Based Computing (including Citrix products, VBS, AutoIT, utilities and more).

www.RobertoAlves.com