Anyone here using the magicjack?

Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
I just thought I would ask. Anyone here using the magicjack? I'm not a sales person or advertising it but I truly love it. We have spring clean up here in my area and people bring out their PC to throw and put them on the berm. I picked a 667 pentium with 256k and built a stand alone PC for my Magicjack Voip phone system. It runs $20 a year and so far(4 months now) works great. Occasionally I have to reset the app but other then that no problems. I use Tight VNC to configure or update the box running XP with very few services running. A must have for a home phone.
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.

Comments

• HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    My brother is loving it so far for a few months.

I'm leery of switching to it because I was an unfortunate SunRocket subscriber who had to endure no phone service and almost losing my phone number.
    Good luck to all!
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    I installed and configured it for my aunt, but I haven't gotten to use it. She seems to like it though.
    Working on Linux+
  • IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    I had mine about 6 months now. I like it for the most part. I use my cell primarily but wanted something as a back up incase I ever lost my cell. For $20/yr, you can't beat it.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Definitely going to look into this!
  • Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    Well, for me the only ads are from Magicjack for magicjack. They are in the application when you start it so I never see them. I would suggest not running it on your personal PC and buying a thinclient or building a separate PC for this purpose. Most people that have problems, there related to memory, slow pc's or misconfiguration on the PC or router. You want to have at least 256mb of ram or 1 gig if it's on your personal PC. I can run xbox 360(Call of Duty 4) and talk without any problems what so ever. Even download from Microsoft at full speed while talking, so it's not that connection intensive. You must have a connection higher then dial-up. If you Google the MagicJAck it has about 90% negative feedback, mostly related to it tech support which is spotty. If your PC savvy and not completely retarded, you will have no problems at all! If you only know how to use a computer for email and ****, MagicJack is not for you!
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.