Options

Nationwide ACS

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone heard of these guys? I was contacted today to do some contractor work for them. Anyone worked with them before or is this a scam??

http://www.site.nationwideacs.com/

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They have a pretty crappy GoDaddy website, so I wouldn't be surprised if they needed help.

What do they want you to do?
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    They have a pretty crappy GoDaddy website, so I wouldn't be surprised if they needed help.

What do they want you to do?

Outsource me to a client in RI.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Check with the Better Business Bureau and other consumer reporting agencies first.
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote:
    Check with the Better Business Bureau and other consumer reporting agencies first.

They're not even listed on BBB.
  • Options
    asapccasapcc Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recently ran a call for them and was paid within 48 hours via ACH. In speaking with the accounting girl there she offered me payment with either check, paypal or ACH. They also have an option to pay with a credit card upon completion of service however that can tend to be costly due to all the fees
  • Options
    asapcc wrote:
    I recently ran a call for them and was paid within 48 hours via ACH. In speaking with the accounting girl there she offered me payment with either check, paypal or ACH. They also have an option to pay with a credit card upon completion of service however that can tend to be costly due to all the fees

So you would recommend them?
  • Options
    asapccasapcc Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would highly recommend them. If you are in doubt, give the accounting office a call and you will see just how serious they are at respecting the field technicians. :D
  • Options
    ssheriffssheriff Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So you would recommend them?

I have done work for them. Unless something has changed very recently, they are very trustworthy...

ss
  • Options
    gsxr1300hayabusagsxr1300hayabusa Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I worked for them for a few jobs and had no problems with payment until recently. They are going through some changes and in fact changed their company name. Suspicious.

It has been over 2-months now since I have not received payment from my last job. When I call, the person (Sandy) that used to be helpful now tells me that she no longer handles that area. I'm supposed to talk to Mike, who gives me the run around 1) "We changed banks so now direct deposit won't work", 2) "We sent a check but mistakenly put the wrong address", and now I get 3) "The check was sent out" (literally the excuse "The check is in the mail").

I know for sure that I have done great work for them because Sandy would call me and mention how much the customer commented on my professionalism. She even called me on the last job because of of their techs was not available and I went on a call immediately for them.

Just be willing to accept no payment. Especially if you never met anyone from there personally. It's just as bad as meeting someone online. You don't know who they really are.