Requirements for employer based health insurance?

HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
Anyone know if there are any regulations that an employer must follow when offering health insurance on the number of days they have to give you the forms to let you fill them out before requiring you to have them completed?
Good luck to all!

Comments

• cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    Anyone know if there are any regulations that an employer must follow when offering health insurance on the number of days they have to give you the forms to let you fill them out before requiring you to have them completed?

Good question. Unforunately I am not much help. The rules my company states seem to be pretty strict, but I have always been able to get them changed if I needed. After my kids were born last year I accidentally added them to my dental plan, hehe. It was after the 30 days that I was allotted to make a change after a 'life event' when I noticed and found the right person to help make it right.

They are also changing systems right now and have opened and closed open enrollment several times this last month. What are the particular details of your problem? You may be able to spark a 'life event' in order to still enroll if they are holding a deadline against you.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Nevermind, this got resolved.
    Good luck to all!