Options

5hr Energy Shots

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone else drink these?

I drink them sparingly, maybe once or twice every 2 weeks.

Had one just now at work, (It's Monday! icon_lol.gif )

I'm all icon_bounce.gificon_eek.gif

buyit_prodshot.jpg

Comments

• Options
    nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
    I have a 5 hour drive to where I grew up, it's made incredibly easy by taking one of those!
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe Braylon Edwards drinks them...doesn't seem to have helped him much this season though :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    I believe Braylon Edwards drinks them...doesn't seem to have helped him much this season though :)

icon_lol.gif

I've never tried them but have been thinking about it. I usually drink a Monster if anything (besides coffee of course) energy drink wise.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Diet Mountain Dew > 5 Hour Energy Shots
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've never tried them but have been thinking about it. I usually drink a Monster if anything (besides coffee of course) energy drink wise.

That's my energy drink of choice as well. I get 24-packs of the sugar-free from Sams/CostCo. They're almost half price that way.
    LarryDaMan wrote:
    Diet Mountain Dew > 5 Hour Energy Shots

I remember one post of yours where you were talking about how you were just finishing up your fifth one. I looked at my clock, and it was 10 or 11AM. That's hardcore. However, you're a CISSP, and I'm not, so I guess there's something to be said for Diet Mountain Dew ;)
  • Options
    jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    I used them when I took a 13 hour drive to Georgia. The trip there I only used one and it worked great except on the return trip I used 2 a second one after 5 hours from the first and it made me really drowsy.
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    16oz Rockstar Sugar Free (white can) is what gets me moving in the morning.

At Mayhem Fest, I drank two 24oz bottles of the regular varieties and they kept me going the whole afternoon and night.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    dynamik wrote:
    I remember one post of yours where you were talking about how you were just finishing up your fifth one. I looked at my clock, and it was 10 or 11AM. That's hardcore. However, you're a CISSP, and I'm not, so I guess there's something to be said for Diet Mountain Dew ;)

Yeah. I'm sure drinking 1-5 Diet Mountain Dews almost everyday is not healthy. I don't smoke or take drugs. I don't drink coffee and I try to eat somewhat healthy. The Diet Dew is my main vice. As for the CISSP, I studied too hard to give that tasty beverage any credit. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    5hr energy drinks have less calories (a WHOLE 4!) then soda/energy drinks & no sugar. so pretty icon_cool.gif for me ;)
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BeaverC32 wrote:

Maybe thats why he has had the dropsies...hands are shaking to much icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    To quote Hot Rod:

"I'VE BEEN DRINKING GREEN TEA ALL DAMN DAY!!!"

I once was addicted to Diet Mountain Dew Code Red. I stopped because, and I kid you not, I drank so many of them (about six-eight cans a day) my skin started getting these weird red marks. Stopped drinking them and they went away. I thought it was weird until my coworker got hooked on them last year and the same thing happened.

I drink one a day now, and stick with Arizona variants of diet green tea otherwise. It does a good job of making me look like this:
    icon_eek.gif

Without the skin blotches. icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    there's actually a warning label on those bottles(5hr energy) the red skin blotches is a symptom of niacin flashes. i forget the full details but it had me paranoid for a while.
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    I drink one ever so often. Sometimes I just drink a half of one. I'm not a soda drinker but I do enjoy coffee and the rest of the time it's just water. But they do work and I haven't had a "crash" from drinking them. I pick them up at Wally World.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BeaverC32 wrote:

the same can be said for Osi Umenyiora icon_lol.gif

Im a coffee drinker in the winter, and Rockstar energy drink in the summer. I go back and forth from red bull/Rocksar every now and then.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    there's actually a warning label on those bottles(5hr energy) the red skin blotches is a symptom of niacin flashes. i forget the full details but it had me paranoid for a while.

I was referring to Diet Mountain Dew Code Red.

I take niacin, and have seen what you're talking about. These marks though looked like someone took a very fine tipped red marker and marked your skin. Niacin almost looks like you're blushing or embarrassed.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Why not have a bowl of muesli and a banana instead of pumping that sh*te into you!
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why not have a bowl of muesli and a banana instead of pumping that sh*te into you!

Well said. As a personal fitness trainer a few years back I investigated several of the earlier versions (names withheld) and found them to be rather dangerous. A lot of what is in them stays in the bodys organs for an excessive length of time and is not excreted.
    I belive that in 10-15 years we are going to have an epidemic of colussus proportions with people having organ failures.

You have to look sensibly at these sorts of things and realise that anything that cranks you up like they do can not be good long term. Usually what happens is that they loose their effectiveness and to compensate the user increases dosage to a level that causes real issues.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    RussS wrote:
    You have to look sensibly at these sorts of things and realise that anything that cranks you up like they do can not be good long term. Usually what happens is that they loose their effectiveness and to compensate the user increases dosage to a level that causes real issues.

From the safety of my couch, I occasionally mix vodka and/or Jagermeister in. I'm pretty sure that cancels everything out and is OK for me icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    RussS wrote:

From the safety of my couch, I occasionally mix vodka and/or Jagermeister in. I'm pretty sure that cancels everything out and is OK for me icon_cool.gif

If you are a jager fan and haven't already...try it with rootbeer