Options

I passed :)

WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
I just passed the 70-218 exam with a score of 968 :D

I wasn't planning on taking any more MS certs, but I already had 210,215,217 and the electives from my MCSE NT4 (Exchange 5.5 and Proxy 2.0) so I figured I should spent one of the vouchers I earned from the deal with getcertify4less on becoming MCSA on 2000... the main reason I choose this MS exam is that I'm now able to take the MCSA 2003 upgrade exam (in 2 weeks).

Thanks to all who bought their exam vouchers thru our special deal with getcertify4less! I've been preparing for several exams over the last 10 months, which I'm now are finally able to take. I scheduled the 70-292, Network+ and Sec+ for later this month, and will hopefully fit the CWNA exam in between.

In addition to the vouchers I will use to expand my own list of certs, I've also been able to give some away to our highly-appreciated moderators, and I will give a couple of vouchers away in survey we're going to run very soon. icon_cool.gif

Johan

Comments

• Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats on the new cert. icon_thumright.gif
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hearty congrats Johan icon_cheers.gif

Hope my dumb azz can score anywhere near that good icon_rolleyes.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks guys :)

Russ, that TransTrainer video was actually quite on the mark ;)

Info:
    Nr. questions: 50
    Passing score: 700
    Time: 175 minutes (I got 30 minutes extra for being a non-native English speak in a non-native English country, giving me the extraordinary time of 3 hours and 25 minutes icon_confused.gif ) I needed a bit more than one hour.

Although most of the questions were extremely long, I had about 5 duplicates in a row (worded slightly different, almost exactly the same answers, the same correct answer though). It felt a bit like adaptive testing, like they threw another question with the same topic because I got it wrong. They mentioned the exam may contain some unscored beta questions, so perhaps they tried out a different version of the same questions on me.

No really tricky questions, no weird surprises. I think hands-on with the OS is essential for this exam than any. In my case having passed the 217 exam help too, because of the GPO stuff. And of course most of the material (except the DNS part) is the same as 210 and 215, but the questions in 218 are always scenarios covering installation and troubleshooting.

Although it is sometimes justified that people complain about exams being retired and such... I passed the electives more than 5 years ago and they are still valid. :D
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    Thanks guys :)

Russ, that TransTrainer video was actually quite on the mark ;)

Info:
    Nr. questions: 50
    Passing score: 700
    Time: 175 minutes (I got 30 minutes extra for being a non-native English speak in a non-native English country, giving me the extraordinary time of 3 hours and 25 minutes icon_confused.gif ) I needed a bit more than one hour.

Impressive!

So what order would you suggest taking the MCSA/E exams in? I started with the 20-270, and figured I'd go for the 215 after that. Looks beastly.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber