Options

Any SQL Gurus?

flares2flares2 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I'm having an issue with our Card Control system. Long story short, ID badges are swiped to gain access to certain doors throughout the building. The access levels for each user is stored in a SQL Database. Upon loading the admin console to this system "Error Converting Data Type Varchar to Bigint" pops up over and over again for about twenty minutes, then the system freezes and needs to be restarted. While in SQL Management Studio though, I don't receive any errors. Is there a way to create a query of somesorts that searches through the thousands of rows of information with the two hundred tables in the Database so I don't have to? The error does no9t reference what table, what column, anything. It just says there's an error, then the system freezes.
It's late, my eyes hurt, I want sleep. sleeping.gif
Can anyone help? Thanks.
Techexams.net - Job security for one more day.

Comments

• Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might be able to find something useful in the SQL logs too.

I do wonder, as a side note, why in the world your company wouldn't have support from the software vendor for something as important as the door control system.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    flares2flares2 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips guys.

Blargoe I ask the same thing everyday. Problem is we're a state oriented company so our vendors have to be licensed by the state. Its the end of the year so it's renewal time and needless to say, a lot of vendors are dragging their feet. Unfortunately, that means we can't do business with them.
    Techexams.net - Job security for one more day.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    it sounds like the program needs to do some converting, or you should convert one of the field types.

IDK about querying 200 tables though...i have a hard time believing you need to query that much, rather that you need to refine where the problem is. The problem is likely one field of one table. Need a developer to step through the process.