9 yr old Indian girl is youngest MCP

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Insane, but errr, well done.. I think :D
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    India is one of (if not) the biggest abusers of brain ****. Assuming she didn't use them, that's pretty amazing for a 9 year old. That's what, 4th grade? I wonder if I'll be chatting with her next time I call HP tech support. icon_wink.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    What exam exactly did she take?

I also like how the reporter talks about her great memory.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Okay, I admit that this is pretty impressive but there is no such thing as "the" Microsoft certified professional examination. What test did she take? And maybe I'm just paranoid, but it's probably not such a great idea for them to be advertising her MCP ID#.

What kinda bugs me is the part where they talk about her great memory...I realize that it's a feat for anyone of that age group to be taking & passing an exam that adults have trouble passing, but MS cert exams are supposed to verify knowledge and technical abilities, not the ability to memorize a bunch of stuff.

EDIT: oops, looks like jbrown beat me to it...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    To be fair, I have a 6, 8 and 9 year old and their sponge like brains scare the beejesus outta me. If I were to coach, push and drill em, getting these early exams wouldn't be a problem for them.. especially the MS ones. Not to say the MS ones are easy, but kids are schooled in the MS environment and MS office now and once they get used to it, they just soak it up.... It's just evolution.

There will be a limit to their application of the knowledge though as they don't understand the big wide world around them and how to apply the knowledge.

In 50 years, IT will be absolutely nothing like we know it today because our kids will have changed it beyond all recognition and good on em I say.
    Kam.
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    Good, now they can put her to work at a friggen call center. Whoop Dee Doo...
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is so pointless it's unreal, what's a 9 year old going to do with an MCP other than go to the media about it?

......Put her on a helpdesk
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    malcybood wrote:
    This is so pointless it's unreal, what's a 9 year old going to do with an MCP other than go to the media about it?

......Put her on a helpdesk

She probably already is :D
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Does anyone know what the labor laws are in India? I'd be surprised if she wasn't working with it.

I think we sort of take this thing for granted in more modern countries. I doubt she got it just for media attention.
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    My first thought jumped to braindumps.... but if she didn't that is pretty impressive.

It would be more impressive if she got some Cisco certs under her belt, though :)
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    At first thought yes braindump came to mind. After actually watching this vid it appears that this young girl did things just as impressive at a younger age.

I must say truely impressive.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Impressive but pretty pointless at the end of the day apart from publicity purposes. Nobody is going to hire a 9 year old to actually work in a role which requires a certification.

There are stories about children that acquire a degree or PhD at a young age. At least with those they can do research or do more degrees. The information they've learnt won't go out of date too much over the years. You can't really say that about any technical certificate.
  • Options
    Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    This is probably right up there with Ankit Fadia being the worlds greatest hacker! Sounds like common press junket sensationalism!

:P
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.