Options

Guys help me out Plz

dfjamadfjama Banned Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
I have started working for a new company recently (last year) as a remote help desk agent, helping users remotely by connecting to their computers nationwide, one of the most problem I deal with is email issues (either outlook express or different versions of microsoft outlook) using pop3 or exchange. I am now in need of getting some more readings to sharpen my email probelm solving skills, so any suggestions, good training materials such as videos, ebooks, etc, will be well appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might want to look at the MCDST exams. I believe they have more application-related material.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    not to be snarky, but the best way to sharpen problem solving skills is to solve some problems. I know, I'm being captain obvious here. But reading can only go so far, and hands on practice is key to really honing problem solving skills. If you're looking to just get the skills and not necessarily something to put on your resume, then offer your services to family & friends. Ask them to hand over any "ailing" machines to your care and see if you can fix them. You can also set up some virtual machines and toy with them & practice with the different settings, features, etc. without the fear of messing with a "live" machine.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    dfjamadfjama Banned Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback, however I dont think my troubleshooting skills in general is that bad, as i have 4 years working experience, but as stated on my previous post I only felt my outlook and email problem solving skills needs to be improved.....
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    I think the best way to sharpen your skills is to start from the beginning. What I mean is, learn how email works. Learn the steps that email takes to get to the recipient. Follow that up with some studying on the various email protocols, (POP IMAP, SMTP) and then read up on Exchange and how it deals with email then google. Once you have a good basis about email, googling for answers will be a lot easier and they will make more sense.