Options

CCENT Plan of attack

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
I will have plenty of time to wrap up the Ebook on Chris B. Ultimate CCNA Study package, the last chapters I need to tackle are the following:

Routing
WAN
WLAN
SECURITY
TROUBLESHOOTING

I am planning on finishing this topics this week, and hopefully get started with alot of practice exams and have subnetting hands down even at sleep, I will also revisit Routing and WAN on a lab approach as soon I get my remaining routers, it looks like I am kinda overdoing my study with CCENT based on what I am reading on the forums that it's does not require alot of lab approach, but would rather have this stuff hands down already while I can so I can just breeze with ICND2, as I am preparing for CCNA I am also anticipating on starting CCNA: Security and very excited on popping my 1st Security based networking certification, I will try to shoot on wrapping up ICND2 byt mid February or sooner.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Comments

• Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    jbaello wrote: »
    I will have plenty of time to wrap up the Ebook on Chris B. Ultimate CCNA Study package, the last chapters I need to tackle are the following:

Routing
    WAN
    WLAN
    SECURITY
    TROUBLESHOOTING

I am planning on finishing this topics this week, and hopefully get started with alot of practice exams and have subnetting hands down even at sleep, I will also revisit Routing and WAN on a lab approach as soon I get my remaining routers, it looks like I am kinda overdoing my study with CCENT based on what I am reading on the forums that it's does not require alot of lab approach, but would rather have this stuff hands down already while I can so I can just breeze with ICND2, as I am preparing for CCNA I am also anticipating on starting CCNA: Security and very excited on popping my 1st Security based networking certification, I will try to shoot on wrapping up ICND2 byt mid February or sooner.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sounds like a plan, I'm going for my CCENT Feb. 5th. I think I will read Chris's ultimate study guide one more time right before the exam since I can read it in a day or so. I don't remember ever doing this much studying for anything. icon_smile.gif I'm like you though, looking forward to getting my CCNA also.
  • Options
    phil2006phil2006 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    High,

Here's my plan of attack:

I am studying towards my CCNA at the moment. I am taking the 2 exam approach (ICND1, ICND2). I've booked ICND1 exam for Jan 30.

My study materials are:

- CBT Nuggets for ICND1 and ICND2
    - Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide (Wendell Odom)
    - GNS3 for router sim
    - Chapter 3 of Todd Lammle Sybex CCNA study guide (best subnetting guide i can find)
  • Options
    phil2006 wrote: »
    High,

Here's my plan of attack:

I am studying towards my CCNA at the moment. I am taking the 2 exam approach (ICND1, ICND2). I've booked ICND1 exam for Jan 30.

My study materials are:

- CBT Nuggets for ICND1 and ICND2
    - Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide (Wendell Odom)
    - GNS3 for router sim
    - Chapter 3 of Todd Lammle Sybex CCNA study guide (best subnetting guide i can find)

I've been hearing GNS3 alot lately, I will try to give a crack soon, when I can no longer afford a cisco gear, gooduck it looks like you do have alot of materials to cover :)

Chris B. Ultimate CCNA study guide is good but doesn't go in depth in details, but good for the base knowledge and concept.
  • Options
    I am thinking of drawing my diagram for subnetting, as it was recommended before taking the exam due to the time constraint, does anyone know if I can actually request for a paper and a pen instead of a laminated board and a marker that does size 60 font?

I mean I would probably be able to do 1 octet binary in 1 laminated board given the size of this markers.

It doesn't make any freakin sense :P
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    I am thinking of drawing my diagram for subnetting, as it was recommended before taking the exam due to the time constraint, does anyone know if I can actually request for a paper and a pen instead of a laminated board and a marker that does size 60 font?

I mean I would probably be able to do 1 octet binary in 1 laminated board given the size of this markers.

It doesn't make any freakin sense :P

They give you what they give you, there are no options.
    My testing site tells me if I fill it up, let them know and they will give me a new one.

My first test, I left the cap off the marker after using it early in the exam and then when I finally needed it, it would not write. I was freaking........
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    miller811 wrote: »
    They give you what they give you, there are no options.
    My testing site tells me if I fill it up, let them know and they will give me a new one.

My first test, I left the cap off the marker after using it early in the exam and then when I finally needed it, it would not write. I was freaking........

Lawl this is a freakin marathon, seriously I would rather write my formula the ^nth power and what not before I start the exam, otherwise the clock is already ticking, and determing the valid IP range still takes me 3 minutes still, I am going to purchase a timer to see how fast I can do it and do it faster, unless you guys have a flawless formula for subnet address/broadcast address, and ip range.

Leaving the cap off happened to me many times, good thing it was an M$ exam.

I'm using subnettingquestions.com and the place is pretty good so far, my answers and their answers is a match.

I would probably try to do 1 minute per question on none subnetting and simulations, then devote the accumulated time pn subnetting and simulation if there's any.

Between my formula is as followed:

Given IP address and Subnet Mask = result of boolean and of 1's in binaries, then from there the all zeros and all ones for subnet address and broadcast address then the range in between leaving the subnet and broadcast invalid hosts.

You got any suggestion pls. let me know.
  • Options
    I want to keep telling myself before the exam "The time will not freak me out, I will stay calm and focused" lol...

It doesn't look like access-list is covered on the ICND1.
  • Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    Lawl this is a freakin marathon, seriously I would rather write my formula the ^nth power and what not before I start the exam, otherwise the clock is already ticking, and determing the valid IP range still takes me 3 minutes still, I am going to purchase a timer to see how fast I can do it and do it faster, unless you guys have a flawless formula for subnet address/broadcast address, and ip range.
    You got any suggestion pls. let me know.

I just count the ones on my fingers left to right to figure out how many subnets and the subnet number. Then right to left count the zero's to figure out how many host's. Finding the Broadcast number is simple, just subtract one from the next subnet. I can usually do the subnettingquestions.com in about 10 seconds counting on my fingers, once it finally clicked in my mind how to do it. My test isn't scheduled until Feb. 5th, but I would think you would want to be around 10 or 15 seconds going in to the test. Good luck on the test.
    Jim