iPod Touch and .iso's

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm not quite sure how the iPod plays videos, as I only own the shuffle.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to import any .iso, in some form or another, to get it to play on the iPod?

I'm considering buying one, but would really like to be able to play the CBT Nugget and Trainsignal videos on there. I wouldn't mind pulling out the individual files if I had to do it that way.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not this is possible.

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195

From their site:

TV and video

• Support for 480p and 576p component TV out
    • H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
    Im not sure what format the CBT Nuggets are in but I had to convert them with Super C before they would play on my LG KU990 so im sure you could convert the to fit the above if they dont already.

(I dont have any on phone anymore to check file format for you sorry)
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You can't play an ISO. You have to extract the individual video files and convert them to a format that the iPod can play.