Install older version of Mysql on ubuntu to import netflow

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Was hoping someone could help me witha linux Q?

Basically im trying to install opsview for network monitoring (yes i cant believe im still attempting this). anyway after over coming dozens of issues i have opsview installed but when i tried and import flow data into mysql i get errors regarding the SQL syntax of the perl script provided with Flavio (the netflow collector).

Currently im using ubuntu desktop 8.04 and "thought" the script would be ok with the latest version of mysql5. Since im running into SQL syntax issues i wanted to downgrade to an older version of mysql. The one in the write up uses mysql 2.1013. However when i try to install mysql using apt-get it installs the latest version.

So ive googled and found the mysql v2 mentioned. but how do i go about manually installing the files in the .tar folder? and when i do how do i prevent apt-get from updating mysql in the future?

Ive looked through google and cant find anything concrete but will keep looking.

Lastly, does anyone think the syntax issues could be related to the new version of mysql?

I would really like to get this working cos we cant afford a payed for solution at the moment!! and i need statistics haha!!

Thanks Guys
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm assuming you have found source files for mysql and not a package like DPKG/RPM/SPM? If so you will need to compile the source code on your machine.

Since mysql2 isn't in Debian's apt repository then I have a feeling it won't try and update it. But you can just check the packages it will install when doing updates.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!