Mad about Madoff

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
He's in the news again..

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090106/twl-calls-for-madoff-to-be-locked-up-41f21e0.html

I wonder what the odds are that he will get off?

Comments

• pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    Turgon wrote: »
    He's in the news again..

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090106/twl-calls-for-madoff-to-be-locked-up-41f21e0.html

I wonder what the odds are that he will get off?

Do rich white people ever actually pay their penance?
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    pwjohnston wrote: »
    Do rich white people ever actually pay their penance?

why is race always brought into these situations.... oh well, i suppose somebody will always do it...

Anyway, I hope he pays dearly for his crimes and if he gets off it won't be for his race or color but for his money and the people he's bought out.

Either way, I hope he gets the book thrown at him.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    Aldur wrote: »
    why is race always brought into these situations.... oh well, i suppose somebody will always do it...

Anyway, I hope he pays dearly for his crimes and if he gets off it won't be for his race or color but for his money and the people he's bought out.

Either way, I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Mostly because over the last say 700 years it's the whites who have been perpetuating the majority of the BS. I'm white BTW.

Besides it just rolls off the tongue!

Ok ok how about this;

"Do rich people ever actually pay their penance?"
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Was gonna say race has nothing to do with it.

99% of crap that people think is racism is actually more about economic class, and racism's legacy in impacting said class. Why do you think OJ walked? He's black, but he's rich!

Rich people can afford really good lawyers, influence politicians with campaign contributions so laws tend to be written to favor them more, etc. Poor people can't. Granted, due to racial legacies, black people tend to more often be poor disproportionately, but that's irrelevant to this discussion.
    Good luck to all!
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    Was gonna say race has nothing to do with it.

99% of crap that people think is racism is actually more about economic class, and racism's legacy in impacting said class. Why do you think OJ walked? He's black, but he's rich!

Rich people can afford really good lawyers, influence politicians with campaign contributions so laws tend to be written to favor them more, etc. Poor people can't. Granted, due to racial legacies, black people tend to more often be poor disproportionately, but that's irrelevant to this discussion.

+1, I couldn't agree more, it's all about economic standing.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender