Options

Book: Windows xp inside and out

People have mentioned that the "Microsoft Training Book" and "Sybex book" are some of the best.

Surprisingly, I have found that the "XP INSIDE AND OUT" book which people seldom mention here, at Amazon, is one better than the other two . It fills in all the gaps
where the other two books have.

XP Inside and Out is over 1300 pages, but every subject and objective is clearly explained, and it does something the other books don't do. The chapters go into the problem solving situations that arise on the test and explains why " 98 and ME" drivers with DVX have problems with XP" in the upgrade chapters, instead of just mentioning how to upgrade.
It goes into hundreds of problem solving situtaions in each chapter that you will encounter on the real test and it explains it before hand, not just in "sample test questions". It is very detailed, and not just a reference book like the other two.

The other two books leave a lot of stuff out especially the "hints" "warnings" and "tips"
not enough on sybex and microsoft, These two books leave much of the problem solving to their "sample questions" which are not explained very well. This inside out will take you a good week to read but I think it is well worth it..

Comments

• Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes

i am preparing for my 270 at the minute and i managed to get hold of a copy of th XP inside out from a local lib and it is really a great boook and explains everything clearly..........

hoping to take my exam b4 27th jan .......
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".