Switching virtual directory problem

PiotrIrPiotrIr Member Posts: 236
Could you help me solution for my problem please?

I have webpage published on Windows Server 2008 IIS NLB cluster. This webpage has many virtual directories (one per each customer). When you go to www.mywebpage.com/customer1 login screen appear. My problem is, when I’m logged to customer1 and in Internet Explorer address bar change customer (e.g. www.mywebpage.com/customer5) system doesn’t redirect me to login page. Instead of this I’m inside of this customer but with wrong credentials. So basically I’m not able to do anything.

I have two another environments with the same webpage (dev with Windows Server 2008, IIS 7.0 and old live with Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0) and there is no problem like that on both. I wonder what IIS settings may give effect like that. I’m almost sure it is not NLB cluster because the same effect I have when I test only one node.

Please advice what should I do.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What authentication method are you using, and what permissions on are the directories themselves? Try comparing what you have in 2008 with what you have on your older servers.
  • PiotrIrPiotrIr Member Posts: 236
    Many thanks for your reply

I checked security settings on my live server (with problem) and dev server (without problem) and they are exactly the same.

I’m not quite sure problem is in authentication. When I switch virtual directory on problematic server, I’m in but I can’t do anything and obviously I can see some errors and when I go to any option “The website cannot display the page”.

Could you give me any additional idea please?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    On the servers that work like you want, do you actually get redirected to a forms-based login page or do you have that username/password dialog box pop up? If it's the former, maybe it has something to do with the application and not IIS.
  • PiotrIrPiotrIr Member Posts: 236
    In IIS there is anonymous authentication. I’m not developer but I’ve got information from them like that:
    Code VB connects to SQL database and authenticated user.
    Does it make sense?