Anyone see the Palm Pre?

paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
I was never a fan of Palms but this thing looks pretty sweet. The screen is so clear and the colors are so bright and vivid it doesn't even look like a phone.

Palm Pre Preview: Simply Amazing

Palm Pre in-depth impressions, video, and huge hands-on gallery - Engadget

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    One of my coworkers has been drooling over it all morning, (while his copy of Windows 7 Beta installs on a VM,) and it looks pretty cool. If it's as fully-featured as it claims, I may pick one up myself. (And I'll stop making fun and calling it the 'iBerry'. icon_lol.gif)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    Slowhand wrote: »
    One of my coworkers has been drooling over it all morning, (while his copy of Windows 7 Beta installs on a VM,) and it looks pretty cool. If it's as fully-featured as it claims, I may pick one up myself. (And I'll stop making fun and calling it the 'iBerry'. icon_lol.gif)

Unfortunately it's only going to be on Sprint for the first half of 2009. I don't think I will be going back to Sprint any time soon.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I found it interesting since I'm a Palm fan -- but they lost me when I saw it was for Sprint service.

I got fed up with Sprint 2 years (and 3 days) ago. The fact I remember the date is a pretty good indication of how ticked I was at them. I'd rather give up cell phone service then ever go back to Sprint.

The nice thing about changing cell phone providers -- the daily multiple SPAM phone calls from Sprint to add a 2nd line ended immediately.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • miclchmiclch Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I checked out the video for the Palm Pre, Very nice..
    especially when you turn the phone, it doesn't take a long timefor the screen to switch from horizontal to vertical...

About the above comments about Sprint, I have been using Sprint for a long time. The quality of their customer service had improved so much better, epecially last year, when the CEO focused on customer service. Moreover, the plan is cheaper for everything..

I am a blackberry fan, sorry, no palm for me..!