Options

CBT Nuggets vs TestOut

Lincoln HawkLincoln Hawk Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I’m fairly new to world of IT and have decided to tackle the CCNA by taking the two exam route since I don’t have much experience in networking. I am enroll in cisco’s net academy (set to start ccna 2 this coming Monday) so I do have access to routers and switches.

However, I’ll like to extend my training outside of the classroom and have found TestOut and Cbt Nuggets. Well, I’m actually in a crossroads between the two and would like to add one to compliment my training. From what I have read, it looks as if Testout is geared towards passing just the one 640-802 exam as CBT nuggets is geared toward taking both the two exam approach as well as the one exam approach. I’ve read great things about cbt’s trainer Jeremy Cioara which is why I’m heavily considering their training but they don’t offer a refund if say I go through 1/3 of the videos and don’t like what I’m actually viewing. As oppose to TestOut, they offer a refund after X number of days or even a voucher if you use their software and should fail.

My question is which is the better one? To those that have had the luxury of using both CBTNuggets and TestOut, how would you compare the two?? Also, which one would you actually learn the most from than just learning how to pass the exam/exams?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    have you tried any of the free videos from CBT Nuggets? You can also do a free 7-day trial for TestOut. I say check out the free stuffs and see which you prefer & go from there.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion