Options

Howdy!

I've begun the process of earning my MCSA 2003 certification so I thought I'd drop in and say hello. :) Just passed the CCNA (640-802) exam last Friday but like they say, no rest for the weary. As you can see, I have the MCDST as well as A+/Network+ so my elective is out of the way.

A couple of months back I purchase the Sybex MCSA 2003 series of books for 70-270, 70-290 & 70-291 so I started 70-270 last night. Breezing through it as a lot of it is a repeat from my MCDST exams. I briefly thought about taking the 70-621 to earn the MCTS and MCITP but in the end I decided against it. Reasons would be that it would require me to buy two new books (70-620 & 70-622) and it would take quite a bit longer to prep for that exam. That and they are focused on Desktop and I am trying to make the move into server/network administration so I figured the sooner I can get to 70-290 & 70-291 the better. Thoughts? Good move or bad move?

Of course, once I have the MCSA I'll go for the Security+ (to knock out the MCSE elective) and then finish that one out. Long journey ahead so I look forward to getting to know y'all!

:)
1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012