Options

Saying goodbye for awhile...

TechBoy22TechBoy22 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I just wanted to let you all know that I am saying goodbye for awhile.. It has been awhile since I had last posted, but I have made a decision.....

I have been searching for a job, just recently finished my Net+ class and came to find that the teachings did not prepare me well enough to take the test. AS far as my job hunt, there is much requirement even for entry level and almost all jobs I have looked at want a minimum of 1 year experience. well I lack all of that.. With the way times are I am not getting younger and I need to act quick as I am tired of not having a career.... I have decided to go back into the alarm business. I have experience and it should be easier to nail a job. Friday I have an interview at a security company. I had gotten hired a few months back for a manager position, but had turned it down due to my lack of knowledge to help the technicians while dispatching them. Well I had gotten a positive invite for a technician job...

I love IT, but it definatly is a challenge getting into. It is hard for me to find the right amount of time to study and I do need help in some areas. Net+ definatly has helped.. My current job looks for me with their computer and internet problems... It saves the guy from JFK airport a trip to EWR. THe IT guy now calls me the go to guy for any problems. It makes me feel good that I am catching on... Maybe one day I will go back and take my exams to get certified. .Right Now is not the time and funds are limited. I thank you all who have helped me along the way with my questions. I shall return to see whats new and post up. For all of you take care and have a great new year!
Michael

Dreams are made up of small ideas with BIG pictures. Focus is the key that unlocks the door to success.

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck with your new career path!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Seems to be with this economy that there are a few ppl who have had to jump ship to other careers to make ends meet. Such is life in times like this, hopefully things turn around soon and jobs are easier to come by.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Do what you have to do to pay the bills.

But keep reading and studying when you can -- and jump on the exam first chance you get. Keep an eye on the entry-level IT job market and keep doing what you can to stand out from all the other people that would like to break into IT.

And remember to apply for those "entry-level IT jobs" (now and in the future) that ask for 1 or 2 years of experience if you have some of the other qualifications -- if they don't like your resume they don't have to call you.

Good Luck! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    6 years ago I was fresh out of college with my associates and got an entry level web development job. It turned out to be a dot com company and they went under 5 months later. I got frustrated since I couldn't find another job without experience. I really regret what I did next. I pretty much gave up and didn't stay current with technology or read any books. I bounced around for 4 years from crap job to crap job. I just got to the point where I was checking every job site when I got home from work until I landed my current job. Now I try to read every chance I get and pick up what info I can from here. If you are going to take a break and plan to come back to IT later, I highly recommend you keep reading and stay current with technology.