Options

Outlook 2007 mailbox issues

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
I setup a help desk mailbox for me and my boss to use. I have setup the permissions correctly (domain admins/me/her just for good measure..) have full rights to the MB.

Although when I add the mailbox, and try to open it, it tells me that I don't have permission crash.gif

help?

Comments

• Options
    Now getting this error:

But I can open the MB in OWA.
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    How are you setting the permissions? Are you doing it explicitly or by setting Permission Levels?

I'd recommend sharing them by permission levels (reviewer is read only access, Publishing Editor is full access) and then adding them via Tools -> Account Settings -> Select Mailbox -> Change -> More Settings -> Advanced -> Add -> Select Mailbox.

There's a good walkthrough for it here - https://support.elephantoutlook.com/kb/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=27&faqid=50193
  • Options
    Hm, I deleted the whole user in AD and re-added it, seemed to fix it.

icon_scratch.gif
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    Ive seen this happen a few times. Only way I fixed it was to go into the mailbox as that user and set permissions through there instead of AD or exchange. It's weird i'm not sure why.

There is an option in outlook to give permission to see the folder. I'm not sure why it does this on some mailbox's and not others.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Sometimes you need to log off the network and log back on to update your access token, etc.

Did you try that?
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I'll second HP on this, I've run into it a few times and that was the fix for me.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    Sometimes you need to log off the network and log back on to update your access token, etc.

Did you try that?

Deleted the mailbox & readded, it worked fine. icon_scratch.gif

Really confused by it, but none the less it works! icon_cheers.gif