Options

Practice Exams Vendor Recommendations

emxdademxdad Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, I am new to the forums and have started studying for Cisco 640-802. My question is what vendor practice exam testing simulation can prepare me for the actual test? Can anyone recommend who they have used and who not use?

Regards,

Emxdad….

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I have only used the Boson exams that come with the Cisco Press exam cert guides and they have served me well. They are good for finding weak points, but they are not all inclusive and are a lot easier then the actual exam IMO.

As far as what to stay away from, run it through CertGuard to ensure the material is legit.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The recent http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/39291-recommend-book-ccent-exam-practice-questions.html thread is also a good generic CCNA Practice Exam thread. I think we hit all the popular (and legal) options.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ptlinvaptlinva Member Posts: 125
    What would cause material to not be 'legit'? Were you thinking licensing, bad content, etc?

Thanks!
    -Paul
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ptlinva wrote: »
    What would cause material to not be 'legit'? Were you thinking licensing, bad content, etc?

Thanks!
    -Paul

braindumps from the usual suspects
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Semsim.com was good when I used them for my CCNA two years ago.

Sadly though, I dont remember much of Cisco any more, havent really touched a Cisco device since.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    ptlinva wrote: »
    Some people think that a Certification is a magic piece of paper that gets them a job (and don't care about actually acquiring the knowledge and skills studying for the exam provides).

And there are the companies who figure they can make money off idiots. A lot of times they will be located and operate in 3rd world countries that don't care about intellectual property rights and laws. Others will be hosted in 1st world countries, but rely on the shady hosting services -- and time lags in the legal system -- and just keep spawning "new" sites every day.

They work with corrupt exam takers and corrupt test centers and steal the real certification exam questions and package them up into "Practice Tests" or "Study Guides" and market them to various groups of CHEATERS.

Some people know they are cheating and don't care.

Other people don't want to know they are cheating and act like they won the lottery when their certification exam just happened to ask them questions they had seen in their "practice questions."

The same **** will be repackaged and marketed to the different groups. There are **** for CHEATERS. There are **** for the CHEAP CHEATERS. There are **** for the RICH CHEATERS. There are **** for I'M NOT CHEATING CHEATERS. There are **** for I DON"T WANT TO KNOW I'M CHEATING CHEATERS. etc
  • Options
    I think TestOut and Measure Up are two other legitimate vendors of study guides, study material, and maybe practice questions. Not sure if they have Cisco Material.
  • Options
    TinovTinov Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    I know this thread is not for CCENT but here is a comment on Boson exams..............

I passed CCENT a couple months ago after using Boson exams. The Boson exams for CCENT are a lot harder than the actual test. I was only getting 60-70% in the Boson exams but got a 902 in the CCENT exam.

Tinov.
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mikej242 ran super hot on this forum. lol. But I am using Prep Logic right now to prepare for my CCNA, so you can add that to your list if you want. Don't forget to have at least a book to read, preferably Sybex 640-802 book.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup: