Options

How to connect DNS server (windows server 2003) on vmware with router on Dynamips ?

sweetheartsweetheart Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can you tell me step by step how to configure the DNS Server using VMware to connect router on Dynamips router? (using the attachment pics?)please and thanx 4 help in advanced

Comments

• Options
    No reply??????????????????
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sweetheart wrote: »
    No reply??????????????????
    Probably because it's outside of the "Cisco scope."

I guess I do it without thinking when I have my Dynamips/Dynagen routers talk to my VMWare CallManager Server -- but I don't have step-by-step instructions. I just let VMWare bridge to my real NIC and have Dynamips/Dynagen using a MS Loopback interface on my Laptop (so I can also use my laptop as a client on my Dynamips/Dynagen network).

I can think of 2 places that might cover the configurations.
    The 7200emu.hacki.at Dynamips, Dynagen and all that stuff forum and blindhog.net

Blindhog has the videos for Dynamips/Dynagen (and GNS3) install and configuration. And in their voice section they have the Voice Lab videos that link Dynamips/Dynagen and a VMWare CallManager server -- which is similar to what you seem to want to do with Dynamips/Dynagen (GNS3?) and a VMWare DNS Server.

And other than the Dynagen Tutorial webpage, the 7200emu.hacki.at forum is probably "the place" for Dynamips/Dynagen configuration issues, information, and help.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    thank you any way for your help