Options

Endorser in good standing

persianboypersianboy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everybody,

Does anybody know how long will a credential holder like CISSP will be allowed to endorse exam candidates? I know that any credential holder must pay AMF and earn required CPEs each year within a 3 years cycle; but if the credential holder doesn't pay AMF or earn CPEs after end of first year (but still within 3 year cycle) will his/her endorsment still be valid?

In my case I am going to sit exam on April 2009, but my endorser has acquired his CISSP on March 2008, and neither paid for AMF and earned any CPEs and I'm afraid he will not be allowed to sign my endorsment form.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Because the AMF and CPEs are now both due at the end of each year, it is likely that an endorsement will not be accepted from anyone who is not current in both. The three-year cycle really doesn't mean much anymore except as a time when to officially revoke a certification for non-payment/non-compliance.

Of course, the offical word on this must come from the (ISC)2 itself. Email the (ISC)2 your questions and please post back here their response.
  • Options
    persianboypersianboy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray,

Thanks for the reply,
    I found the following in their website:

"To maintain your certification, you are required to earn and submit a minimum number of CPE credits during each three-year certification cycle, including a minimum number that must be earned annually.
    All CPE activities must be completed or earned during the three years of each certification cycle and no later than your certification expiration date (the end of your certification cycle). Following your certification expiration date, you are allowed a 90-day grace period to complete the submission of all your CPE credits, but they must be earned by the expiration date. It is in your own best interest to submit all your required
    CPE credits as soon as possible.

At the end of your three-year certification cycle, when you meet both your required CPE credits and Annual Maintenance Fee (AMF) payments, your renewal to a new three-year certification cycle will be processed. You will receive a renewal package via postal mail, which includes a new certificate and ID card.
    Failure to meet the minimum annual Continuing Professional Education credit (CPE) and Annual Maintenance Fee (AMF) requirements will result in suspension of your certification, which is the temporary loss of right of membership. Once the suspension is in effect, your “good standing” rights will be immediately revoked. Access to the Member Website will be restricted to entering only CPE credits and/or paying AMFs.
    Suspension of certification can only be lifted when the minimum annual CPE credit and AMF requirements are met. From the date of suspension, you have a 90-day grace period to get your CPE credits and AMFs up to date. Following your third consecutive suspension, which will occur at the end of the 90-day grace period following your expiration date at the end of your three-year certification cycle, (ISC)2® will send you a notification by email to inform you that you have been decertified."

Does the above information mean that they suspend certification after end of 3 years cycle? or the suspension takes place after end of first year and there is a 90 days grace period and again another 90 days at the end of second year and after third 90 days grace period the credential holder will be decertified?

Thanks,
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    You really need to ask these question directly to the (ISC)2 to get the proper answers. Try the email address registrar@isc2.org.