Options

Is it worth taking the 640-607?

AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
640-607 is open for students untill 31. I am very sceptical about taking it though since i've heard that its not valid as much as the 801. Supposing i take the 607, do i wait for three years before renewing it just like 801? As far as i can see the only logic behind taking 607 would be the assumption that it is easier than 801, which i highly doubt. Finally, cisco claims that if you have been prepared for 601 you can take the 801 and succeed. icon_wink.gif
Any suggestions are welcome and good luck to you all who are preparing for "TechExams".
Hard times on planet earth.

Comments

• Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well here's my opinion. I was a Cisco Acad. student. a few months ago. Cisco sent my class an email saying that we were able to take the 640-607 and the deadline for it is July 31st. I was going to take the 607 but decided not too even though it's supposed to be easier then the 801.

Why would you want to take a Cert exam that's out-dated??? Yes, it's true that you get the "CCNA" title if you pass the 607, but the test is retired. I figure that if you're going to put the effort and mind power in studying for a Cert. it might as well be one that's up-to-date...like the 801. icon_mrgreen.gif

If you're going to take the 607 because it's easier then you might as well hang the towel because there are a lot more Cert. exams out there that are harder then the CCNA 640-607. How hard do you think the exams are to be a CCNP??? icon_study.gif

That's my 2lbs. icon_smurf.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Feels good to know there are others who hold the same opinion. At first i was tempted to go for it since i used the old version curriculum but like you correctly put it, taking an easy way out fades the shine out of the struggle in the road to certification. The harder the exam, the greater the exuberation after passing. Cisco doesnt make it any easier though.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes...you're right!!!

Take the brain power and spend it on the 801, you will feel much better about it. icon_thumright.gif

I myself am working very hard on getting the CCNA too. :)

Good Luck!!!! icon_cool.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...