Options

Tech Workers Get a Raise in 2008

Comments

• Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Don't believe a word of it... < pinch > ... < salt >

Even if there were some pay rises early 2008, bet there won't be very many early part of 2009 !
    Kam.
  • Options
    mklaromklaro Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    paintb4707 wrote: »

I hate these surveys or reviews but they usually seem so far off reality
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I dont beleive any of that crap. It is like gas prices! Someone says gas will go up Who??? who says this and why???? then it pricess go up. Wish someone had the power that gas
    does and say all us IT guys will get a pay raise; I work inthe finanance field and it amazes me how many high school grads get paid better than IT guys. lending officers at where i work get paid as much as i and they have HS diploma only. i asked for a raise this year
    and said i will have to look eslewhere if i dont get it...we shall see !

3.4cents
    but thansk for the heads up guy just commenting....
    the 100K jobs go to the lucky (right place right time) or to the guys with so many certs and education they had better pay them that much! ;)
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I received a 10% raise in October, so I don't think these numbers are too far off...
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    BeaverC32 wrote: »
    I received a 10% raise in October, so I don't think these numbers are too far off...

I also received an 18% raise last year, another one coming up next month as part of our agreement.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My responsibilities at my job have steadily increased. I've implemented large projects from the initial thought to research and installation. And to top it off we were all busy as hell in a 3 man shop for 1500+ users and 40 offices.

I took a 20% pay reduction from an already weak 45k a year salary.

Yea, I don't believe it.
  • Options
    Sanis4lifeSanis4life Banned Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmm....1.5% raise here and I am on the higher end of the raise scale.
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    no offense you guys getting 10 and 18 percent raise my god that is sheer luck
    3 to 4 percent is i think average but most are low as dirt! I bet the average is not even close to that ...it sucks it depends on so many things but 10 and 18 percent raises wow!
    let me live your dream world. if it is real I am glad for you but there are many IT guys that know what they are doing and get crap for raises, depends on so many things.

but hats off to those who get the raises like 10 to 18 and I solute you guys that get paid like i do crap adn work your butts off!