Options

70-536 - Configuration.

MidLiveUpgradeMidLiveUpgrade Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I found this section to be pretty dry reading ... what percentage of the exam can I expect in this area?

Dave.

Comments

  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,041 Admin
    It's not just reading. You also need to know how to use it when writing code. And it's not recommended gambling that specific topics will appear infrequently on your exam. Do your best to study everything. Part of the certification's purpose is to help you help yourself become a better .NET programmer.
  • Options
    MidLiveUpgradeMidLiveUpgrade Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    You also need to know how to use it when writing code.

    Yes of course you need to know how to use it as anyone who writes an application needs to know how to install and configure it.

    My question though was what percentage of the exam is based on configuration?

    Dave.
  • Options
    DeepCodeDeepCode Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    It's not just reading. You also need to know how to use it when writing code. And it's not recommended gambling that specific topics will appear infrequently on your exam. Do your best to study everything. Part of the certification's purpose is to help you help yourself become a better .NET programmer.

    ^^^^^ cosign
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,041 Admin
    My question though was what percentage of the exam is based on configuration?
    If that information has been made public, it will be on Microsoft's page that described the cert.
  • Options
    MidLiveUpgradeMidLiveUpgrade Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    If that information has been made public, it will be on Microsoft's page that described the cert.

    Fair enough, I was hoping for a little insight form someone who wrote the exam.

    I have about 20 .net apps that I will convert to use the .config file for storing custom configuration information including connectionstrings as well as set up install and performance monitoring information.

    That should give me good exposure to these concepts.

    Thanks,
    Dave.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,041 Admin
    I have about 20 .net apps that I will convert to use the .config file for storing custom configuration information including connectionstrings as well as set up install and performance monitoring information. That should give me good exposure to these concepts.
    Yes, it will. In fact, using the .config file in place of a .INI file is a basic thing every .NET programmer should know.
    Fair enough, I was hoping for a little insight form someone who wrote the exam.
    If any of the authors of the items on any Microsoft exams frequent this Web site, please make yourselves known! :D
  • Options
    MidLiveUpgradeMidLiveUpgrade Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    If any of the authors of the items on any Microsoft exams frequent this Web site, please make yourselves known! :D

    ha ha, aren’t you the funny one!
  • Options
    MidLiveUpgradeMidLiveUpgrade Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ok got the answer to my question from another site

    Skills that are measured by Exam 70-536:
    1. Developing applications that use system types and collections (15%)
    2. Implementing service processes, threading, and application domains in a .NET Framework application (11%)
    3. Embedding configuration, diagnostic, management, and installation features into a .NET Framework application (14%)
    4. Implementing serialization and input/output functionality in a .NET Framework application (18%)
    5. Improving the security of the .NET Framework applications by using the .NET Framework 2.0 security features (20%)
    6. Implementing interoperability, reflection, and mailing functionality in a .NET Framework application (11%)
    7. Implementing globalization, drawing, and text manipulation functionality in a .NET Framework application (11%)
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,041 Admin
Sign In or Register to comment.