Options

Inventory software

Hektik1nHektik1n Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I’m looking for a basic or somewhat moderate inventory software. It could have a backend database of either access or SQL. I do not need it to be on the network, in fact we prefer it to be offline, by network I mean it doesn’t need to scan PC’s that are deployed and gather hardware information via the LAN. Maybe sometime in the future or a separate program we will need it to scan for licenses already used vs. licenses we have purchased. I’d like the software to have the capability to be accessed from multiple different locations and not just one at a time.

The main function of this software is to scan all the physical inventory desktops, laptops, monitors, servers, etc… etc… I need to be able to scan bulk items and be able to scan individual serial numbers plus asset number. I’d like to be able to have everything broken down into categories by a specific site/location, whether it’s a laptop or server, specific model, and be able to get how many laptops or servers are on hand at specific locations or by a particular model at a quick glance, and not have to shift through loads of data/reports just to find out I have 20 Dell 500s at my office in CA.

I'd also like this software to be able to track assets being checked in /out to cost centers within the company.

Lastly, if at all possible, have support for a windows mobile hand held scanner.
Anyone know of a software that can do something like this ?

It sounds like something any and every inventory software should be able to do, but I’ve downloaded lots of trials and a lot of them don’t work for what I’m looking for.

Thanks in advance

Comments