Options

ISDN Switch types & SPIDs

christoffchristoff Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

new guy here!!!!!!!!!! great forum btw.

I like many other people here are currently studying hard for my CCNA, and i have a quick of question...

1. I'm taking the exam in the UK, but I was wondering if I were to get a simulation for ISDN, would I be expected to configure SPIDs and Switch types based on American/Japan or do you think i would be expected to do Switch types for UK/Europe ?

Cheers guys

Christoff

p.s a quick poll to see what the most common Exam Simulation questions are as well.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi and welcome.

I'm sorry I had to edit your first post here, but I had to remove your poll. People who would vote, and we for hosting it online, would violate the non-disclosure agreement... Please discuss technologies, not the exam contents.

Nevertheless, I don't think you will get an unfair advantage if I answer your question:

The sims simulate a real world task (I hear ya: duh... ;)) the thing is that they are quite good at it. If you are a network admin at a CCNA level, and you need to configure ISDN, you will know what the spids and switch types you'll have to use (someone (a ccnp/ccdp or ccie ;)) will have told you, or you call the provider..). You need to know how to configure them.

The sims are really not that hard (as long as you get some hands-on with lab-equipment or a training sim) and not as tricky as some multiple choice questions can be. If you know your commands, it will mostly be quite clear what to do. A lot of people make it hard on themselves by making things (the sim questions) more complicated then they really are.... and don't forget to save the config at the end of the sim, in real life you would do the same after reconfiguring a router. icon_wink.gif

Good luck!
  • Options
    christoffchristoff Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there,

slapped wrists on the first post, how naughty :P icon_redface.gif

Anyway thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Just a general question how many simulations on average should i expect from the exam and do you know how much they contribute to your final score.

Cheers

Christoff
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    At least a couple of 'm ;)

The sims weigh more than the regular questions, that's for sure. But how much... only cisco knows... My theory on the scoring is that if you fail 1 sim, you have to do very well on the remaining questions. If you fail two sims, you probably have to answer every other questions correctly, or, you don't pass. If you fail 3 sims I think it's definitely game over, which seems only fair to me.