Options

70-270....*Yawn*

Anyone else feel this way? I mean, some of the stuff is new to me but the majority of it is simple stuff that as someone who's been in the field awhile, has seen. Basically I'm just making sure I've memorized some of the little stuff like NTFS supports 16TB drives with 4KB clusters and 256TB @ 64KB clusters..... *yawn*

As for the 290, being it involves Network Infrastructure and I have just recentely earned my CCNA, it looks like it'll be a little on the easy side too. Am I wrong?

Can't wait to dig into 291 and finally earn the MCSA 2003. :)
1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I don't see much similarity between the CCNA and the 290. The 290 is a whole lot closer to the 270. Lots more focus on backups, and permissions, and managing accounts and group policy. 291 is where you get into the network infrastructure stuff that you may enjoy more. Make sure you study your unattended installs and remote installs for the 270!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    undomiel wrote: »
    I don't see much similarity between the CCNA and the 290. The 290 is a whole lot closer to the 270. Lots more focus on backups, and permissions, and managing accounts and group policy. 291 is where you get into the network infrastructure stuff that you may enjoy more. Make sure you study your unattended installs and remote installs for the 270!

Crikey, sorry about that. I got my exam numbers transposed. I meant the 70-291 when I referenced the Network Infrastructure. Oops. :)

Thanks for the tip on Unattended/Remote installs! This was covered a bit in the MCDST exams so it'll be good review. :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012