Options

Exchange Server 2003 getting recipient information

For who is studying for taking the 70-284: from this link that I suggested even here:

"- Recipient information in a domain. If Exchange can get the information it needs about a recipient from a standard domain controller in its own domain rather than a Global Catalog server, it will do so. This reduces load on the Global Catalog servers."

That is not true, at least for message delivery, try to send an e-mail to a recipient in Your domain, without a Global Catalog server reacheable and You'll see that You will be able in nothing for that, ouch
Pork 3
Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didn't read the 2 articles above but either way, you always need a GC in the same site Exchange is in. Exchange will also build up a list of 10 DCs and 10GCs to use. When a user attempts to use Delegates or modify a distribution group. DSAccess will refer a user to a GC in its own site. This GC will be a DC that belongs in the same domain as the user. If there is no DC, Exchange will look at DSAccess and refer the user to a DC in another site if it's on the list of the 10DCs. If a DC is in the Exchange site, it will refer the user to that one. It then looks at directly connected sites based on cost.

Sites that aren't directly connected with a Site Link are out of luck. So if you have a non-connected site that's dedicated for a specific domain, that domain is out of luck unless you modify the registry on these clients or put a GC that belongs to their domain in the Exchange Site.

Maybe the article wasn't talking about that. Like I said, I didn't read the articles.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks