Options

"Skills" section on my resume

Lately, I have been studying for the 70-291 test. The main subjects the exam tests on are DNS, DHCP, RRAS, and networking in general. If I was to set up a lab, pass the exam, and get my MCSA, would I be able to put DNS, DHCP, and RRAS in the "Skills" section of my resume?
The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293

Comments

• Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    I wouldn't put it in there at all. Once you have your MCSA, just list that as a cert you have acquired and it speaks for itself. No need in listing the things that the MCSA covers. It's redundant.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd go for something like "Implement and Manager a Windows Server 2003 Infrastructure." I wouldn't get too granular.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    dynamik wrote: »
    I'd go for something like "Implement and Manager a Windows Server 2003 Infrastructure." I wouldn't get too granular.

+1

I have seen peoples resume with every protocol under the sun listed in a skills section. I'd just highlight major things like dynamik pointed out, but with a little better grammar icon_wink.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    dynamik wrote: »

I agree with Dynamik. If you put the actual protocols, you'd be implying you're skilled with the protocols and not necessarily their implementation within a specific OS.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Finally, be sure to proof what you write and post it up here for critiques :D
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I kept laughing at that as I read each post quoting the same mistake... icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Like dynamic said, with the addition that if you're applying somewhere and they specifically mention in their advertisement needing someone who know RRAS, then you could make special mention of it
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...