Options

If you wanted to buy a lab..

nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
For the CCNA (I've taken the ICND1 and will take the ICND2 in less than 1 month), but I'm pretty sure that I want to go on to the CCNP. What would you purchase? I know this post is on here previously, but I'm not sure if it was answered with this in mind.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Questions like this have been answered in very many threads which is why they are covered very well in the FAQ at the top of the forum but you can also get a good idea from this link... CCNA Lab Main Post Summary | NetworkWorld.com Community blogged by Wendell Odum.
    Kam.
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    There is also a techexams.net FAQ that would answer the same questions for ya
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you're looking ahead and planning on turning your CCNA Lab into a CCNP Lab, make sure you have a couple routers that support MPLS. And think about adding a 5th router.

3550 Layer 3 switches have come down in price -- if you find one in your budget, buy one.

Make sure you've bought some supported routers that have the latest IOS versions/feature sets that you can try Dynamips/Dynagen. Some people like the cartoon GNS3 graphical interface that sucks down memory and reduces performance like there's no tomorrow.

I think there's also a Lab section in the CCNP FAQ.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!