Options

642-533 ips

FattyAcidFattyAcid Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've passed all the CCSP exams except 642-533.

How hard to you folks suspect it is to pass 642-533 without having acces to an Cisco IPS appliance for practice? We have a Cisco IPS 4215 at work but it's on a classified network and in production use, so I can't really muck with it. And a co-worker set it up--I only helped him with some initial theory of how to implement it in the network, I did no actual configuration on the appliance.

I have the Cisco Press CCSP IPS Exam Certification Guide (for 642-532), the Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention Systems Student Guide, the CBT Nuggets videos, and two non-brain **** practice exams. I have to wonder if studying from these will be enough...

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Can you get access to that via rack rentals?
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The IPS is a pretty unique device configuration wise so I'd say yes you'll need some hands on and as Not-Derek-Dynamik ( :) ) said Rack Rental is probably your best bet. There are tutorials floating around on how to create a Linux VM that runs the IPS code but it's pretty involved and most folks reckon rental is a better choice, the time it takes you to setup can be better spent actually using the device. When I sat mine I didn't have access to one at work and used one 6 hour rack session to hammer out the configuration.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?