VMware Class

dratnoldratnol Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I would like to attempt the VCP and learn more about ESX so I am looking at classes right now. Has anyone taken the fast track class? I see that it is an extra day and an extra $1500. I don't know if my boss will go for that or not.

Presently I am running two ESXi boxes that I setup last fall. I do have some experience and feel comfortable working on them. Am I going to get much out of the base class or not is my next question.

If anyone has any insight or suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You will get a lot out of the install and configure class, it would be money well spent. I was kind of in the same boat as you before I took that class. You will still learn a lot, and this is the class that's most aligned with the VCP from what I understand.

I think the fast track is a combination of I&C and Deploy/Secure/Analyze, which itself is much of the same content that's in I&C but with more command line stuff from what I was told about it.

Over 1/2 of the people that were in my class had similar experience playing with or actually limited production use of ESX or ESXi.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • dratnoldratnol Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    blargoe wrote: »
    You will get a lot out of the install and configure class, it would be money well spent. I was kind of in the same boat as you before I took that class. You will still learn a lot, and this is the class that's most aligned with the VCP from what I understand.

I think the fast track is a combination of I&C and Deploy/Secure/Analyze, which itself is much of the same content that's in I&C but with more command line stuff from what I was told about it.

Over 1/2 of the people that were in my class had similar experience playing with or actually limited production use of ESX or ESXi.

Thanks blargoe, this is what I was wanting to find out.