Options

putty command line tool

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am trying to find to find a terminal emulator I can run form the command line under windows.

what I will have is a windows box with 4 serial cables connected to some Cisco stuff. I have installed putty and the command line tool that comes with it 'plink' but can't see optios for a serial connection only ssh,raw and telnet !

Any help?
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make sure that you're using the latest version of PuTTy as that is what I use and the serial option is there.
  • Options
    Make sure that you're using the latest version of PuTTy as that is what I use and the serial option is there.

It's there in the gui, but not from the cmd line
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Never used plink until now :D

I wasn't able to start a serial connection with "plink -serial ..." but I was able to load a saved serial session with "plink -load "session-name"
  • Options
    Never used plink until now :D

I wasn't able to start a serial connection with "plink -serial ..." but I was able to load a saved serial session with "plink -load "session-name"

snap, happy days!
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    Is it Putty connection manager or just Putty?
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    Ok so if it's there GUI then it won't work. What you need to do is run the actually putty.exe file. I have the same thing. I use the connection manager to pull up all of my saved nodes. I use this for telnet/ssh to all network devices where i work. But for serial connection i have a seperate shortcut on my desktop for the putty.exe file itself which isn't the gui. Not sure why they do this but it's the only way it will work.