Options

The Best Approach

WajihaMWajihaM Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am new here, and a high school graduate. I am very much interested in Microsoft systems. I have basic knowledge of computers, but that's it.
Please advise me the best approach.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    WajihaM wrote: »
    Hi,

I am new here, and a high school graduate. I am very much interested in Microsoft systems. I have basic knowledge of computers, but that's it.
    Please advise me the best approach.

Thank you in advance.

Suggest you hang out in these forums and try and contribute in some way before you shell out on any books or other examination materials. This should give you a feel for things. Have a look at some of the technotes as well.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What are your goals? The A+, Network+ and MCDST are typical entry-level certs that will help you get into a help-desk type role and start building experience.
  • Options
    WajihaMWajihaM Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I was wondering what sort of jobs are available if I was to go into Microsoft certifications.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You'd probably start out in a help-desk role and work your way up to a systems administrator role. If you wanted to go further than that, you'd specialize in something such as AD, Exchange, SQL, etc. and work towards the engineer and architect levels.
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Turgon wrote: »
    Suggest you hang out in these forums and try and contribute in some way before you shell out on any books or other examination materials. This should give you a feel for things. Have a look at some of the technotes as well.

I'll try and justify my next pay rise this way, I need another 5K just to buy books icon_lol.gif Safari Books Online is great but $39.99 plus tax and the fact that Sterling has fallen against the dollar is leaving me more and more out of pocket icon_wink.gif

The TechNotes need to be mentioned again as a great resource and thanks must be convayed to all those that have contributed to them.