Options

Second hand CRS-1 anybody?

tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
Anybody want to buy a CRS-1 off eBay? Only $25995!

Comments

• Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We had a great convo about the fan tray of the crs-1 on irc icon_lol.gif

List price $15,000 for a fan tray. I was asking rather or not I could get a SmartNET contract for the jar of petroleum jelly they give you after purchase this fan tray because Cisco is undoubtedly raping you with that price tag.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    Anybody want to buy a CRS-1 off eBay? Only $25995!

Good deal! Do they have more at that price?:)icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

techEDtechED Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is that for just the chasis? what card does it comes with?
  • Options
    mgeorge wrote: »
    List price $15,000 for a fan tray. I was asking rather or not I could get a SmartNET contract for the jar of petroleum jelly they give you after purchase this fan tray because Cisco is undoubtedly raping you with that price tag.
    Ouch. 15k for a fan tray. Probably should come with several jars at that price.
  • Options
    techED wrote: »
    Is that for just the chasis? what card does it comes with?
    It is just the chassis. In the tradition of surplus dealers everywhere, anything that can be removed has been removed.

I'm just curious as to who actually would buy a CRS-1 from eBay. If you need something that powerful then it is quite likely that you also need near 100% reliability. Would you trust an eBay CRS-1 to be the core of your network? :) Relicensing IOS on a secondhand piece of equipment isn't cheap either.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Ya anyone who has a need for that would be able to just afford it (although that being said, I know someone who has 2 6509s for lan parties, some people like to over kill). I heard there are only a couple of hundred of these even around, and only major providers ever bought them.