The best path

justmejustme Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am a little confused about the best test taking stratagy. I have A+ and N+ and I am goint to take a 5day Cisco ICND course. Is it better to take the 640-801 CCNA or is it better to split them up and take 640-821 INTRO and then 640-811 ICND.
From the class preview the Cisco Intro course looks a lot like N+. In order to save money I am going stright to ICND course. Does anyone have any experience they could share on what I will be missing by not taking the Intro course?

Comments

• DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    The only reason I took INTRO was the discount voucher Cisco gave me, otherwise I would have taked the 801. If you have the big discount voucher, go for it, otherwise take the one test
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You won't be missing anything if you don't take the intro exam. The same material is included in the 801 exam.

Many people have asked whether they should take the 2 exams (intro+ICND) or the single CCNA exam (801) and I think you should be able to find many different answer if you search in the CCNA forums. icon_wink.gif
  • justmejustme Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I guess the first question was a chicken and egg problem, do I do this or do I do this. I really does not matter as long as I do what is best for me. The real question was would I be lost in ICND if I skip INTRO but still have my N+. Where do I get vouchers?