Options

Anyway I can capture audio from CBT Nuggets?

SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have the ICDN1 and ICDN2 series but would like to put the audio onto cd's so that I can listen while I'm driving.

Anyone can suggest a proper way to capture the audio and put it on a cd? I tried several audio capture apps but they merely record sounds from a mic which results in very poor audio quality.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Plug your line-out into your line-in or mic.

You can also try this: SUPER © .

And I think someone else suggested simply renaming the WMVs to WMAs.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not exactly what you're looking for but I put them on my iPod and just listen to the audio (and watch the video if I'm not driving, obviously.)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    a4abta4abt Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    Not exactly what you're looking for but I put them on my iPod and just listen to the audio (and watch the video if I'm not driving, obviously.)

can you please elaborate on how to put the CBT videos on an iPod? what application are you using?

Thanks
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    You can play the audio normally and record it directly from your computer using Windows Media Encoder or Audacity and save it to any format that you like. No speakers or microphone necessary. You just select the output using the Windows sound mixer control.
  • Options
    ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    Just google "avi to mp3 converter". Change the format to whatever you need converted.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    being the 3rd or 5th post in regards to CBT audio, I'm surprised that they (CBT Nuggets at least) have an option for audio. But yea all the methods mentioned above should do the trick.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you all!
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I used Nero to convert the .avi files to .mp4, which play great on my iPhone.