Options

Netflow on ADSL

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
We have a few private adsl lines at small remote offices using cisco 877's. Now, when configuring netflow on the interfaces it only seems to send back statistics from multiple interfaces for the inbound and outbound traffic. I.e the dialer will send back outgoing stats and another will send back the incoming stats. So each flow is shown on a seperate interface. And as a result they are using 2 licences instead of the one!

So how would you configure the netflow on these to send back both ingress and egress traffic flows from the single interface?
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    mfieldhousemfieldhouse Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the same issue on all Netflow-enabled ADSL routers. Outbound netflow is collected from the Dialer interface and Inbound netflow from the ATM or Virtual-access interface.

After some research, I have found this entry on another forum -

"This is the expected behavior. Traffic leaves the router via the Dialer interface, as dictated by the IP routing table. Traffic enters the router via the Virtual-Access interface. This is just the way Cisco have implemented routing via dialer interfaces"

So, it's not so much a configuration problem, just - that's the way the router sees the traffic flows.