Options

I've been slacking...on with ICND2!

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
I've been through Odom's ICND2 book and watched all of the CBT Nugget videos. I've got a decent grasp on the material, but I need to review everything for another couple weeks, do some lab work, and watch the Trainsignal videos again.

I've been slacking a lot lately because of work. I am in the midst of learning/deploying Exchange server, and trying to coordinate the migration to it from out old mail server.

It's been consuming a lot of my time, even at home...so I'm going to only work on Exchange at work and devote my personal time back to studying for ICND2.

I've got to get this under my belt!

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm with you as I have been slacking in general (no job). Plan is to start tomorrow reviewing for the CEH exam, pass it, and then onto ICND2! Wanna get that CCNA under my belt because I think it will help get me some more interviews....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    hollow666hollow666 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    /usr wrote: »
    I've been through Odom's ICND2 book and watched all of the CBT Nugget videos. I've got a decent grasp on the material, but I need to review everything for another couple weeks, do some lab work, and watch the Trainsignal videos again.

I've been slacking a lot lately because of work. I am in the midst of learning/deploying Exchange server, and trying to coordinate the migration to it from out old mail server.

It's been consuming a lot of my time, even at home...so I'm going to only work on Exchange at work and devote my personal time back to studying for ICND2.

Sounds exactly like me. I just finished up the ICND2 while completely redoing our exchange infrastructure. Implemented new server clustering and a frontend/backend toplogy. All in all I was really expecting the ICND2 to be more difficult than it was. I thought it was a cake walk. I finished with like 45 minutes left on the timer. I ended up with a 958 I'm pissed because I should have aced that thing.
  • Options
    You finished ICND2 in 35 minutes with a 958?
  • Options
    Yep very few questions that actually required math. I was faster and got a higher score on part 2 than part 1. I only got a 925 on part 1 and only had like 25 minutes left on the timer on that one. I can't really do math in my head and have to write it all down and use my fingers.
  • Options
    forgot to mention if you do all the ICND2 official course work questions and understand all the simulations etc.... i feel that those were way harder and more in depth than the actual exam.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□

That's too funny. That sounds like my exact situation!

What's your time line looking like? Maybe we can provide moral support to each other icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I've been slacking off as well. I lost my job, got offered a new job and then moved. Now at my new job I'm working solely in the Layer 2 area and dealing with FR and ATM plus a few leased lines and Metro Ethernet. I need to finish up my CCNA so I can move on. Maybe this week I'll get back into it... maybe.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    That's too funny. That sounds like my exact situation!

What's your time line looking like? Maybe we can provide moral support to each other icon_lol.gif

OR you are just talking to your split personality icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Honestly, probably a month or so. I'm going to push myself to have it done no later than a month from now, but trying to rush myself to do it sooner may not turn out to be a feasible option since I'm devoting so much time to work at the current moment.

I'm the kind of person who would rather not come home from work, only to study for hours just to pass an exam sooner. I generally study when I find the free time and eventually get there. That's how I did ICND1, too.

But I've just been slacking too much. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    I've been slacking too...except I've got no real excuse. Passed CCENT around the middle of last year, started studying for ICND2 and then decided to take a break...for about six months.

Just starting to get back into it again now, but I have to review all of the ICND1 material first because I've forgotten a lot of it. I don't have a job where I get to play with routers/switches so it's easy to forget these things after a while. Anyway, nice to hear that I'm not the only slacker. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    2727 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You finished ICND2 in 35 minutes with a 958?

The ICND2 exam is 95 minutes.
    If he finished with 45 minutes left, does that not mean that he finished in 50 minutes?
  • Options
    bulletproof bababulletproof baba Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    By understanding the importance of time management, you can improve your life. It's a bold statement but one I've personally found to be true. You can make your life work more effectively. It doesn't matter if you are an employee or someone senior in a company, time management matters.
    You can define time management as set of guidelines, theories, and activities, that come together to provide a wide range of benefits. This, I think, is always the best way to think of time management.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    2727 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    By understanding the importance of time management, you can improve your life. It's a bold statement but one I've personally found to be true. You can make your life work more effectively. It doesn't matter if you are an employee or someone senior in a company, time management matters.
    You can define time management as set of guidelines, theories, and activities, that come together to provide a wide range of benefits. This, I think, is always the best way to think of time management.

Good luck :)

To be or not to be? That is the question.
  • Options
    Miikey87Miikey87 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The ICND 2 exam is only 75 minutes long :)
    :study: - Never stop learning

Completed
    Microsoft: 70-640,70-642, 70-646, 70-652, 70-653, 70-662, 70 - 681, 71-169
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
    Citrix - CCA XenApp 6
  • Options
    The ICND2 exam is 95 minutes.
    640-816 ICND2 - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

That link was the first hit on Google for ICND2.
    Duration: 75 minutes (45-55 questions)