Options

Redistribution lab

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
I think I'm doing something wrong, this should be easy.

I have 3 routers with 2 of them running EIGRP and one running RIP.

All I'm trying to do is redistribute RIP for lab purposes and I can't seem to get it going. I'm doing the example straight from the Sybex book for the 640-802 exam. The commands take, but the route information is not being shared.

On one of the routers running eigrp

router eigrp 10
redistribute rip metric 10000000 20000 255 1 1500

and

router rip
redistribute eigrp 10 metric 1

seems simple to me, but it's not working so, I must be missing something. It's frustrating, I've read the EIGRP section a half dozen times and I'm not seeing any new information that is jumping out at me for help.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    What you have there should work as far as the redistribution part. What makes you think it is not working? The rest of the configs and a diagram would be helpful to see the whole picture.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm assuming you have these 3 routers connected in a triangle. Don't forget the administrative distances of the routing protocols you are working with. I doubt you will see any RIP routes simply because it carries an AD of 120 compared to EIGRP which uses 90. The EIGRP routes are going to be "taken more seriously" by the routers.

Posting your topology will help myself and others confirm or deny that this is what is going on in your situation.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Bah! I took another look at my configs and found that I had a passive interface set! I feel stupid now! Anyway, it all seems to be working as advertised now.