VSLM

klnycklnyc Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone wrote the 801 exam. Did you guys encounter VSLM stuffs?
Its confusing reading that charpter on Todd book.

Comments

• smooth7905smooth7905 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had 1 question involving VLSM but it was very basic.
  • klnycklnyc Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    smooth7905 wrote:
    I had 1 question involving VLSM but it was very basic.

ok thanks.
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In all the practice exams I have been taking for the 801 I have never been asked any questions on VLSM.

Been using Transcenders, PreLogic exams, Cisco Press, and Testout.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    VLSM is one of the topics that differentiates the 640-607 from the new CCNA exams.
    The CCNA 640-801 exam tests more in-depth knowledge of the ICND 2.x course. The exam covers topics such as:

1. Switching configuration
    2. OSPF and EIGRP routing protocols (Open Shortest Path First and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol)
    3. VLSM (Variable Length Subnet Masking)
  • pinzonjcpinzonjc Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    webmaster is right, I just tanked the test and this was the main reason, the added subjects VLSM, OSPF ....better know these before trying the new 801 test.
  • dswillieusdswillieus Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    VLSM is a requirement on 801, there were lots of questions and part of the sims with VLSM. So understand it, know it,as good as you can add 2+2, you won't have a problem.
  • vlsm or cidr ??vlsm or cidr ?? Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

VLSM is part of the exam and so u might expect some questions on it !! Similary with CIDR!! Eventhoguh CIDR wasn't covered throughly in CCNA!!
  • c_gc_g Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have taken both the INTRO class and the ICND class. CIDR was covered indepth in the INTRO class. As for VLSM, it seems like it was only mentioned in the ICND class. In fact, there is only a 9 page chapter in the book that covers VLSM. If you take out the picture/graphics and Summary pages, there is only 5 whole pages that actually cover VLSM. Interesting, c__g
    Thanks for the help, -cg
  • xman76xman76 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I remember having on the exam a question of VLSM related to which routing protocol to use since they wanted to use the ip addresses in an efficient way, to do that you have to use VLSM, so you have to know what it is and which routing protocols support it.