Taking the 299 on Tusday...

penberthpenberth Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am taking the 299 on Thursday Morning....I am a little nervous. I am doing pretty well on the Transcenders and the practice exams....but some of the questions, the answer just doesn't stand out.

Can I ask a few general questions?

How many questions?

Main topics? Is there one particular topic that is more prevalent? Such as more questions on say, IPSEC, etc? Kind of like how the 294 exam was all GPOs...

Any simulations?

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you not done 293? You're going to be hit hard on pki/certificates and other things from that. I'd strongly encourage anyone to do 291 and 293 prior to 299. At that point, 299 will be mostly review with a some additional EFS and SSL information.
  • penberthpenberth Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Dynamic....I haven't updated my profile in a while....but I have taken 293 and 294. 293 I took in August of last year. I do remember some of the PKI stuff... 294 I just took in November before Thanksgiving....
    Nice, you're going to be in pretty good shape then. Hopefully you remember more than just some though, since you will be hit pretty hard on that. You should tack on 298 and just wrap everything on the same day ;)
  • penberthpenberth Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So I passed my 70-299 exam this AM. Got a 906. So I am pretty pleased. With what you said Dynamik, I am taking the 298 on Tuesday morning. Looking to knock it out and be done with my MCSE. I started taking a practice test on Transcender....and boy, that sure is a weird format. I don't know how much I like it.

So I am hoping to get the format down over the next few days so that I can be done. :)
    Congratulations and good luck with wrapping everything up!